Thursday, July 14, 2011

wedding dress shopping

I went wedding dress shopping with Katie, her mom, her sister Jess and her niece Loren today. It was mostly fun. I met them at the first place where I think we were for 2 hours! Katie looked so pretty in most of the dresses. Then Loren was modeling a bunch of flower girl dresses but come on...a cute little girl with curly hair is gonna look adorable in ANYTHING! lol  Jess tried on some bridesmaid dresses and then I tried on a couple too. Most did NOT look good in my opinion but we got some ideas of what might work.

Then we took a break and went to The Cheesecake Factory for a snack. I still have more than half of my cheesecake. I've found it gets better with age. It'll be BOMB the next couple days...if it lasts that long. lol

So then we went to David's Bridal where we were mainly looking at bridesmaid dresses. I tried on a couple and found one that I think will work well for me. Jess liked it too so we may end up all having the same dress. Katie's plan is to pick the color and we pick whatever dress we like best.

This will be the first wedding I'll ever be in. I'm nervous and excited and it's a year away!

Sitting in the shop got me to thinking about my mom and how we're never going to do that together. And if we had, it would have been pretty funny because neither of us are the dress types. Would have been interesting. But what if I do get married someday; who will go with me? Will it be as special? Will it totally suck? At this point, I don't really see it being something I need to worry about but I still think about it. 

Can I even see myself getting married without my mom there? Honestly, I don't know.

No comments: