Wednesday, July 27, 2011

grrrr!

I'm so frustrated with several men in my life right now. Most of them are people that shouldn't be in my life and that bothers me too. Why can't I just drop them like a bad habit? Wait, I don't drop bad habits. lol  I let these guys treat me like crap and I honestly don't know if I'm more mad at them or myself.

And then there's my dad...

I love him dearly and he's been VERY good to me, the last few years especially, but he's been frustrating me lately. He has a "just do it" mentality which the older I've gotten the more I've struggled with. I think ever since I graduated from college my ADD has gotten worse because I didn't have a goal to focus on. Practically everything he says to me makes me feel like I'm not good enough or not doing enough. It's annoying! I know that's just as much of a problem with me and it is with him. I keep trying to tell him that my brain (and my brother's) is just wired differently and that I'm okay with being different and he needs to become okay with it.

I'm looking forward to seeing my doctor on Friday about my suspected ADD. I want to get the ball rolling so I can figure out ways to work with it instead of against it. I know it won't be an easy journey but I think I have the right attitude. More so then when I was first diagnosed with depression.

No comments: