Sunday, July 24, 2011

blogity blog blog blog

It was a busy/social weekend for me. I went to my friend Halley's wedding yesterday with my friend Michelle (from work). A few other work people were there and it was nice to see them and have people to talk to. We all know I don't do well with strangers! It was a beautiful wedding even though I know it was done on a budget. Lots of really cute touches that I may have to steal one day. It was an outdoor wedding though, so I had to sit in the sun in a dress (and spanx!) for 40 minutes and it knocked me out! I was light headed for the rest of the day. One of the groomsmen almost passed out too.

Today I went to a Texas BBQ at Michelle's (same one from above) home. Her parents are visiting from Texas and made all this food for her friends. I'm not a fan of BBQ but her parents are AWESOME! I'm trying to convince her mom she wants to adopt a white child...ME! lol  I'm always on the lookout for new mom's.

On a sad note, my dad's across the street neighbor and the owner of my FAVORITE pizza restaurant Shakey's passed away a couple days ago. He had cancer and we knew it was coming but it's sad. He's always been one of my favorite neighbors. He was the first person I told when my mom passed away. I'd gone out to the porch to make my calls and he was outside and asked me how she was. RIP Mr. Lampe!

I finished season 7 of NCIS and have started season 8. I should be done with it before season 9 premieres this fall. It'll be weird to have to wait a week or more for every episode. It's nice to watch episode after episode. I'll probably go back and start at season 1 again. Still have 2 episodes of The Tudors to watch too. Maybe I'll start that over again too.

Making some progress on my ADD book. I have an appointment with my doctor this Friday. I wish it was a quick process but I'm expecting it to take at least a month, probably more. And then if I get put on meds (please, please, please!) it may take awhile to find the right one. All in good time though. I'm going to try and patient and hope and pray that in the end all will be well.

I think that's all that's been going on in my world.

No comments: